Reps. Dar'shun Kendrick and Pam Dickerson to Host a Charter School Amendment Roundtable
STATE REPS. DAR’SHUN KENDRICK AND PAM DICKERSON WILL HOST A CHARTER SCHOOL AMENDMENT ROUNDTABLE
Snellville, GA – October 23, 2012 – State Representatives Dar’shun Kendrick and Pam Dickerson will host a roundtable to discuss the upcoming Charter School Amendment House Resolution 1162, which will be on the November 6th ballot.
“This is an informational session intended to give a prospective on both sides of this very important issue.” said Rep. Kendrick. “Obviously I have my own reasons for voting against HR 1162, and its accompanying bill House Bill 797, but it’s important to give everyone the information they need to make an informed decision.”
Rep. Dickerson echoes Rep. Kendrick’s sentiments. “I feel it is very important that everyone has an opportunity to openly discuss the impact this amendment will have on local school board control.”
If you are interested in learning more about this event, please visitwww.kendrickforgeorgia.com or contact Rep. Kendrick at (678) 323-7887. Rep. Kendrick currently represents House District 94 (DeKalb and Rockdale counties) and Rep. Pam Dickerson represents House District 95 (Rockdale, Gwinnett and Newton counties).
Confirmed guests include:
- Sharon Fort (moderator), Gwinnett Community Leader and parent
- Verdallia Turner (panelist), President of the Georgia Federation of Teachers
- Marc Pilgrim (Panelist), Founding Board Member of Heritage Prep Academy
- Tiffany Carter (Overview of Charter Schools), Brighter Georgia Education Coalition
- Gwen Mc-Cants-Allen (Panelist), Parent with children in charter and traditional public schools
- Bob McClure (Panelist), Board Member of Gwinnett County Schools.
What: Roundtable Discussion on upcoming Charter School Amendment House Resolution 1162
When: Tuesday, October 23, 2012. 6:30-8:30 PM
Where: Hope & Life Church. 3594 Centerville Highway, Snellville, GA 30039