Family, Pets Safe After House Fire
No one was injured in an evening fire that caused extensive damage to a home.
A family is displaced following an evening fire that destroyed their one-story Snellville home.
Firefighters responded about 8:50 p.m. on Feb. 27 to the 3400 block of Twin Village Lane in Snellville.
When emergency crews arrived, there was heavy smoke and flames coming from the rear and roof the home. However, all residents were outside by then, and no injuries were reported.
In addition, homeowners rescued two dogs before firefighters arrived.
Once there, firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control, but not before causing "extensive damage to the home," officials said in a press release.
Investigators said the fire was accidental, and that it began at an electrical outlet in the kitchen.
Although the home was inhabitable, officials said that the family declined assistance from the Red Cross.