Snellville Kids To-Do List
Five great places to go with your kids this weekend.
Hey Moms! Have you figured out your family's plans for this weekend yet? Well, it's going to be 55 and sunny, so start planning now! Here are five great ideas near Snellville to check out.
Friday, Feb. 4th
1) Pre-School Story Time, Snellville Branch Library, 10:15am. Library presents age-appropriate stories to pre-school age children in a quiet setting. 2740 Lenora Church Road, Snellville, GA 30078 . (770) 978-5154
Saturday, Feb. 5th
2) "Daddy Daughter Date Night" at local Chick-Fil-A Restaurants, 4:30pm-7:30pm. Local Chick-Fil-A restaurants are offering a special date night to encourage strong, healthy relationships between fathers and daughters. To make this night extra-special, some restaurants are offering table-cloth service, music, flowers, photography and more. Reservations are a must. There are no on-line reservations left for the Snellville, Scenic Hwy, or Stone Mountain locations. Please contact your local restaurant by phone to reserve your space.
- Snellville Chick-Fil-A, (770)979-7912
- Stone Mountain Chick-Fil-A, (770) 736-5809
- Scenic Hwy. Chick-Fil-A, (770) 979-7488
3) "Black History Month Reading Relay", Centerville Branch Library, 12p-1p. This hour-long reading session, sponsored by "Alpha Kappa Alpha Phi" will expose young readers to the joys of African-American literature and history. Stories are perfect for elementary-age children. This special event will rotate among the Gwinnet Libraries, so be sure to check out their calendar to find out which library will be hosting next. 3025 Bethany Church Road, Snellville, GA 30039. (770) 978-4042
4) Bass Pro Shop's "Feeding Frenzy", Discover Mills, 3:00pm. Did you even know that Bass Pro Shops had a fish tank? You did? Well then, take the kids and go watch all those hungry fish get fed at their "3 o'clock Feeding Frenzy". Then, explore the mall to see what other hidden treasures and activities are there for your kids to discover. Need a hint? Check out the train table in "Books-a-Million", the Lego table at "Children's Place", and then let your kids take the lead after that!
5) "Winter Carnival" at Fort Yargo State Park in Winder, 2p-5p. Feel like taking a drive with the family to enjoy this great weather? Then head 45 minutes up Hwy316 to "Fort Yargo State Park" for their "Winter Carnival". Take a hayride with the kids, play a game of miniature golf, create a craft, then warm up by a bon-fire and roast marshmallows. Moderate prices and tons of activities will make the drive worth it! $5 Parking, $5 for ages 6 and up, kids under 5 are Free! Fort Yargo State Park, 210 South Broad Street, Winder, GA30680. (770) 867-3489
Sunday, Feb. 6th
Park Day!! Still Bored? Then on Sunday, "Super-Bowl Sunday" I might add, take your kids to any one of the great parks nearby before settling in for the big game. Briscoe, Lenora, and Alexander Park, just to name a few, all offer wonderful playgrounds, walking trails, open fields, picnic areas, and more. For directions and park amenities, go to: Gwinnett Parks & Recreation.
Get out there and have fun this weekend! I dare you to say you had nothing to do!
*(Editor's Note: This article has been revised. An earlier version stated incorrectly the day of dad-and-daughter night at various Chick-fil-A restaurants. The special night is Saturday, Feb. 5.)