Tornado Watch for Snellville
The watch is in effect until 9 p.m.
A tornado watch has been issued until 9 p.m. for Gwinnett County, including Snellville.
Showers and thunderstorms continuing through the afternoon and evening. Cloudy with temperatures steady in the low 70s. Winds WSW at 17 mph. Humidity is at 94%.
A watch means a tornado could form under current tornadoes. If this becomes a tornado warning:
- Make sure you have a portable radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio, for weather alerts and updates.
- Seek shelter in the lowest level of your home, such as a basement or storm cellar. If you don't have a basement, go to an inner hallway, a smaller inner room or a closet.
- Keep away from all windows and glass doorways.
- If you're in a building such as a church, hospital, school or office building, go to the innermost part of the building on the lowest floor. Do not use elevators because the power may fail, leaving you trapped.
- You can cushion yourself with a mattress, but don't cover yourself with one. Cover your head and eyes with a blanket or jacket to protect against flying debris and broken glass. Don't waste time moving mattresses around.
- Keep pets on a leash or in a crate or carrier.
- Stay inside until you're certain the storm has passed, as multiple tornadoes can emerge from the same storm.
- Do not leave a building to attempt to "escape" a tornado.