I have so often thought about the way things work, haven't you? As a kid, I can remember tearing things apart and then trying to put them back together again. Sometimes, I could and sometimes it just did not fit back together. I would start with simple things, only to realize once I torn into them, they were not that simple.
This world we are living in, is like someone made the decision to tear it apart and it has not been put back together. I know Adam and Eve in the garden went against God and that changed that and brought evil into more and more of this world. The choices we all make, the things we do with our lives, wow! We get so lost we can't find our way back. What happen to the old normal and this new normal was sub standard back then, but now it is the new normal.
See some folks have had their lives torn apart and they haven't figured out how to put it back together or it just doesn't seem to fit back?
Some where we have gotten re wired from God's master wiring plan. It is like we woke up one morning and made the decision to tear our wiring out and started running jumper wires every where.....not at all like GOD designed us. We begin to realize it hurts less this way?
As a person who is in recovery, I too forget how my thought process use to work, the addict's way of processing things, or our way of coping with things. I felt for some reason as I am sitting here at 2:41 am on a Tuesday Morning the need to explain this?
When things got tough.....I walked out!
When life happened....I walked out!
When things did not meet my expectation, I walked out!
My way of coping was to exit....not to stay and work it out, but leave! So how do we leave?
I would pick a fight with Kay and then you see I could justify almost anything. See now it's not my fault, it's her's. She pushed me too hard, life pushed too hard, so I am out of here, I don't have to stay for this.....I am the problem....
We pick things to numb ourselves.
- We drink
- We take drugs, legal drugs can mess you up too!
- We have sex in a marriage, outside the marriage and sexual immoralities
- We act out with ourselves
- We spend money
- We play games
- We gamble
- We over eat
- We smoke
- We lie
- We steal
- We cheat
- We work ...watch this one....it will sneak up on us.
and this list goes on and on!
See when the numbing wears off and it will, the problems are worst, because we have just added to them!
We were not wired that way. The Bible says were created in HIS imagine....I don't see our Maker having these issues do you?
But when we do come out denial of it all, why then do we not choose to turn back to HIM, Jesus Christ?
You know what is one of my greatest fears? Getting a call in the middle of the night and I can't fix it! You know the call I am talking about, a family member, a friend or especially your child has gone over the edge and you can't fix this.
I see it everyday! People with great hopes and then something happens and they can not deal with it, they choose not to work the tools that they have learned and pow, there goes their sobriety...Kay and I see it too many times.
- Jesus Christ!
- The Word of God.....I never acted out while I was reading the Bible!
- Prayer....I never acted out when I was Praying! (Did before and after but never during)
- Calling someone as an accountability partner of the same gender!
- Finding a sponsor...someone is in Christ, in recovery with a proven track record of the same gender
- Never staying up late at night alone.
- Hanging out with the family. Especially your kids.....
- Staying away from all old playmates. They will drag you down! These are jumper wires too!
- Started learning the things that trigger us, news flash this might be toxic family folks.
- Going to Christ based and center recovery programs.
- Small Christ Share support groups.
- Learning to Flee from that stuff that is trying to trap us.
See changing the wiring or re-wiring by getting rid of all those jumpers wires. Allowing Jesus to come in and start turning our lives over to HIM. See Jesus can work on ALL Hurts and Habits and Hang-ups.
There are a lot great recovery programs that are Christ Based.....find one. If you need help finding one ask Kay or I and will be glad to help.