Invite a friend
Celebrate Recovery @ Annistown Road Baptist Church
**THIS IS FREE RECOVERY PROGRAM OPEN TO ANYONE 18 AND OLDER**
Our churches and communities are filled with people who are struggling with hurts, habits and hang-ups. Celebrate Recovery is a program to help those struggling with these hurts, habits and hang-ups by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ through a recovery process.
The purpose of Celebrate Recovery is to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the “8 Recovery Principles.” This experience allows us to “be changed.” By working and applying these Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with Christ and others.
Celebrate Recovery is a Christ-Centered 12-step program that recognizes Jesus Christ as our Higher Power. We recognize that the 12-steps are biblical; that they provide the framework for our daily walk with God and that they are a necessary part of His resurrection and ongoing healing of our lives.
This happens at Celebrate Recovery because it is a safe place.
It is safe because:
You are in control of how much you participate .
You are welcome to come and go and not say anything.
- No one “fixes” or judges.
- No one “shoulds” on you.
- You find answers from God—-and depend on Him.
- Your life becomes re-centered on Christ.
- You are encouraged by the openness and vulnerability of fellow strugglers.
- You are allowed to “take off your mask” and be real and honest.
- You are in a “Room of Grace” surrounded by fellowship and love.
- We follow these guidelines in all of our group meetings:
- Your sharing is focused on your own thoughts and feelings and is limited to 3 – 5 minutes.
- There is no cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue to the exclusion of others.
- Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are essential requirements.
- What is shared in the group stays in the group.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ- centered group.
Things We Are Not:
- A place for selfish control.
- A place for secrets.
- A place to look for dating relationships.
- A place to rescue or be rescued by others.
- A place for perfection.
- A long-term commitment.
- A place to judge others.
- A quick fix.
Celebrate Recover meets every Tuesday 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
More About Annistown Road Baptist Church
This large church embraces all nationalities in worship. It is very involved and active within the community and has various international and local outreach programs. It has ministries for the deaf, cancer patients, women, men, children, English as a Second Language speakers and more. The church is located on a large lot with ample parking.