Sgt. Christopher Diaz and his wife, Emily - both certified personal and group trainers - are hosting the ultimate weight loss competition for the next 90 days. The good news is that participants stand a chance to win almost as much as they do to lose.
“The biggest loser for this competition will be determined by percentage of weight lost during the competition and a $200 cash prize will be awarded to the winner,” Diaz said.
The competition opened on Jan. 12, 2012 and potential losers – or winners depending on how you look at it – have until the Jan. 31 deadline to sign up. The contest will end on April 20, 2013. The cost to register is $30. It will be run out of Meridian Park in Loganville.
The challenge will be run by Diaz and his wife.
- Former U.S. Army Basic Training Drill Sergeant
- Certified U.S. Army Master Fitness Instructor
- Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps-Army Instructor at South Gwinnett High School
- Certified Personal and Group Trainer
- American Sports & Fitness Assoction
Here are the basics:
- Entry and Eligibility to win. Contestants must complete a registration form and pay application fee of $30 between January 1st and January 31st 2013. Contestants must be 18 years of age or older. GRAND PRIZE IS $200 CASH!
- To be eligible to win the Grand Prize, contestants must complete three on sight “weigh-ins”. Starting Weights will begin on January 12th between 9AM-12:00 Noon, at the Meridian Community Center, 105 Generation Blvd, Loganville, GA 30052. If a contestant is not available on that date, the first weigh-in must be completed before January 31st, 2013 at 1 PM.
- Contestants will have the opportunity for routine “weigh-in” checks. Routine weigh-in checks are not mandatory, however, to be eligible to win, contestants must participate in three weigh-ins, between January 12th and March 30th (1PM) 2013.
- Cost to participate in the ultimate Weight Loss Competition is $30 per person, and must be paid in cash, check or money order to Get Scuffed Up-Fitness.
- There is No Guarantee of Weight Loss for this competition – only incentive.
- The winner will be determined by total percentage of weight loss. This will be determined by taking the initial weight and dividing the amount of weight reduced in pounds during the competition.
- Contestants must agree to exercise healthy life-style choices during the competition dates.
Get the full contest rules and download the registration form here.