Calling all coaches, team moms, parents and players -- Patch wants to help you help your team by spreading the word about upcoming games and other team-related activities.
Patch offers several free ways to make sure your fans are kept informed:
1. Post your upcoming games and other events on our free event calendar.
Posting your event on Patch is easy to do:
- Sign in to your Patch account or join Patch if you are a new user by clicking on the “sign in” or “join” link in the top right corner of this page.
- After you are signed in, click on the events tab at the top of the page or click here.
- On the events page, you’ll see the following question: “Have a big event coming up?” Next to that question, you’ll see a green “Post an event” button. Click the button and you’ll be taken to the “Create an event” page.
- Fill in the information for your event. Be sure to add a photo or video by clicking on the camera icon beneath the description box.
- When you are finished, click the green “Post Now” button and your event will be live on the site.
2. Start your own team news section on Patch.
To create your own news section on Patch, go to the Snellville Patch blogs page and look for the "Start Your Own Blog" link. Click on the link and you'll be asked to do the following:
- Name your blog. This is the name of your section of Patch, not the name for an individual post. Ex. South Gwinnett Football or Broncos Football
- Describe what topics your blog will cover.
- Choose a blog icon. You can use one of the preset icons or upload your own image.
Once you have done that, click "create your blog" and you'll be taken to a page where you can write your first blog post. Once you create your first post, you'll see it immediately on the home page of the site. From that point forward, any time you log in to Patch, you'll see a "your blogs" menu at the top of the home page. Clicking on the drop down arrow next to "your blogs" will give you the option to post to your blog.
3. Post a free announcement on the Snellville Patch boards.
Have a quick sports update to share with the community? Look for the green "Post" button on the home page or go to the "Boards" tab at the top of the page. Be sure to sign in to your free Patch account before posting. As with events and blog posts, you can add photos and video to announcements.
We look forward to reading news about your team!