It's officially fall!
In Georgia, this is without a doubt the best season, and let me tell you why.
- Starbucks will soon have their pumpkin lattes. Yes, that's worth celebrating.
- Did you know that trees are bigger in Georgia than in other nearby states? Have you ever noticed that? That means more vivid displays of reds, oranges and yellows coming to a view near you.
- Helen, Georgia. It's a beautiful drive getting there, (especially on a motorcycle) ... and Oktoberfest.
- My hair. It won't puff up from the ridiculous humidity.
- It will not be 106 degrees for at least nine more months.
- Stone Mountain Park has a lot going on: the Pumpkin Festival is from Sept. 28- Oct. 28 to start with, and the Highland Games are Oct. 20-21. Camping is a lot of fun at Stone Mountain, too.
- It's already cool enough in the evenings to have bonfires.
- Grayson Blues and Brews!
- Around the World Visits Snellville. (More on this Monday.)
- The Snellville Farmers Market is still going on through the rest of the month. Have I mentioned that it's actually cool enough to enjoy it?
- And Halloween is just around the corner, which means I need to get busy on making my kids' costumes. That may or may not happen.
- What do you like about fall in Snellville? Tell us in the comments!