Because our regular Moms Talk contributor is out of town unexpectedly this week, we are going to do something a little different for this week's column. Instead of hearing my opinion on this week's news in the world of motherhood, I want to hear yours!
As mamas, we all love to talk about our kids and the issues that affect our relationship with them. I personally have two little ones; a daughter, 4, and a son, 3. They're my best buddies, and chances are you'll see me pushing them around in a double stroller while I'm taking pictures of local events.
So, take this as an opportunity to gloat, share or reminisce. Pick a numbered question from the list and let us know your thoughts. I'm really looking forward to this conversation!
1. The decades-old question has reared it's ugly head again: can a modern woman have it all? Personally, I think it's a horrible example, considering that as the Yahoo chief executive officer she can hire the "village" needed to raise a child. Nevertheless, my answer is "yes."
2. What's the cutest thing your child has ever said?
3. What issues on the ballot (July or November) are most important to you? How will it impact your family?
4. What is your own best childhood memory? What do you think your children will remember most about their childhood?
5. Does your home have traditional gender roles? Who takes out the trash? Laundry?
6. What's your opinion on genetically modified food? Issue or not? Are you careful with what ingredients you bring into your home?
7. What is the most influential piece of advice a parent or grandparent gave you?
8. What's your dinner time routine?
9. For working moms, how do you balance work and family? What works best for you?
10. What piece of advice would you give new mothers?