At approximately 11:15 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 21, fire crews responded to a house fire incident at the 4200 block of Burgomeister Place in Snellville.
A resident of the home originally reported a fire in the upstairs bathroom, and when crews arrived they saw heavy smoke coming from the attic. The fire spread quickly to the roof.
There is fire damage in the upstairs bathroom and smoke and water damage on the second floor, along with structural damage to the roof above the bathroom where the fire burned through. The family made it out unharmed, and due to the fast response of the fire department, most of their belongings were spared from damage.
The family is awaiting contact with their insurance company and may be displaced until then. The Battalion Commander ruled the fire accidental.