Overnight House Fire in Grayson Possibly Result of Discarded Cigarette

News nearby: Fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported.

Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services responded to an overnight fire in the 100 block of Little Barley Lane in Grayson.

According to a press release, crews were dispatched at 2:47 a.m. and arrived six minutes later to find the two-story wood frame house showing heavy smoke from the rear of the home and flames burning the exterior wall and chimney chase near the back deck.

The four occupants were reported to have been alerted by the sound of the fire alarm and were outside the home, and safe, when crews arrived. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in less than 20 minutes and contain it to the outside wall, deck and chimney area.

The cause of the fire appeared to be accidental and, according to the press release, may have been the result of an improperly discarded cigarette outside the home. The fire damaged the exterior wall, deck, and chimney area and sent smoke throughout the house. No injuries were reported.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »