PRESS RELEASE/ Citizens to Elect Glen B. Williams
On May 23rd local resident Glen Williams qualified to represent the newly created Georgia House District 93 serving Lithonia, Loganville, Snellville and Stone Mountain.
As a 16-year resident of Gwinnett, his wife of 16 years and their two children, 15 and 12, have supported him 100 percent as he has become intensely focused on community involvement as he has developed a purposeful passion for getting things done. As an advocate for all communities he has helped bring about positive and effective changes that have enhanced the quality of life through increasing awareness to community based issues and concerns.
His civic responsibility has been forged through affiliations with organizations dedicated to producing leaders and community empowerment:
- Leadership Gwinnett, Class of 2010
- Regional Grassroots Leadership Council (representing DeKalb, Gwinnett and Clayton counties, and GALEO)
- Gwinnett Neighborhood Leadership Institute, Class of 2009
- Engage Gwinnett
- Centerville Business Association
- Snellville Middle School PTA Treasurer
- Gwinnett Coalition Board of Directors
- Founding Executive Director of the South Gwinnett Cluster Foundation
Representing the interests of the community has always been his number one priority. Glen Williams has served on multiple Gwinnett County Public School councils in House District 93 and acts as a community liaison for the Gwinnett County Planning, Development and Rezoning Board. Glen and his family believe that now is the time to take that representation to another level.
As a father, husband, business owner and community advocate who is engaged in the overall progression of our communities, public schools, economic development and quality of life for all, an invitation is being extended to all the families of GA House District 93 for their support.