Work Session Discussion Items:
- Update on policy regarding a ban on smoking in public parks
- The lower Johnson lake and dam in the Summit Chase neighborhood will be discussed once more. Click here for background information.
- Update on Snellville's economic development
- Update on the Living Centers Initiative
Council Meeting Discussion Items:
- Proclamations will be read in honor of Dr. Richard Carlin, Black History Month and Tisha Rowland
- Volunteer of the Year award will be presented to Joanne Fuller
- Mayor Kelly Kautz will present a State of the City address
- The council will discuss allowing wine to be served at an art shop for Sip and Paint classes. This would amend the current alcohol code.
- A number of changes to the city charter will be discussed during a second reading. They include clarifying the scope of the mayor's power. The section that reads "The mayor shall be the chief executive officer of the city government and shall enforce the laws of the city and shall require the faithful performance of all administrative duties" will be deleted if the motion passes.
- Additionally, the following section will be added if the motion passes: "Except for the purposes of inquiries and investigations, the mayor, the city council, and councilmembers shall deal with city officers and employees who are subject to the direction and supervision of the city manager solely through the city manager; and the mayor, the city council, or council members shall not give orders to any such city officer or employee, either publicly or privately."