Whether your single, married or have children, spring is the time when many families (and friends) look to cut loose a bit.
It's warm, it's sunny, so why wouldn't you want to take a vacation and get away from the daily grind of normal life.
However, many families choose to stay close to home -- for a number of reasons, so this week our Readers' Choice poll is about staycation spots.
We've gathered a few choices for you in the area. Please take a second and vote for your favorite place, and then tell us in the comment section why its your choice.
The winner gets recognition on Patch, as well as a certificate.
Where would you go for a quick back-yard getaway or fun-filled day? Here are your choices:
- (Besides the park grounds, there are several overnight accommodations there for all members of your family to havea good time.)
- (About half an hour's drive away, Lake Lanier offers aquatic fun, recreation and accommodations.)
- (Right next door in Lilburn, this attraction offers family fun for a reasonable price.)
- (The museum is housed inside of a 1830s seminary, and it is on the National Register of Historic Places.)
- (If you're a member, this could be the perfect local spot to have fun golfing and relaxing with friends.)
Voting ends at 9 a.m. Friday morning, May 4. We'll announce the winner at noon that day.
See the pdf in the photos to read the rules of the contest.