The meeting will take place at 7:30 p.m. in Snellville City Hall with a work session preceding it at 6:30 p.m. in conference room 145.
Items on the meeting's agenda include:
- Approval to contract with HDR Inc. to address repairs to the lake at Briscoe Park. Parts of the Pate Lake stone wall have deteriorated, and HDR has agreed on finding out how to fix the wall for $13,500.
- Approval of a bid for the Field Chemical Contract for the athletic fields at Briscoe Park.
- Approval of the surplus of generator from old Snellville Police Department: It's being recommended that the city put it on eBay for auction.
- Approval of a text amendment for the 2001 zoning ordinance to adopt policies permitting special uses relating to collective residences such as personal care homes, community living arrangement and group homes
- Approval of a rezoning and variances request case for land at 2128 E. Main Street. The location is currently zoned as OP (office professional).
- Approval of the speed zone ordinance. The Georgia Department of Transportation requires the adoption and approval of updated speed ordinances for setting speed limits, streets for use of speed detection devices and more. No changes were made.
- Approval of the Myriad Settlement Agreement.
- Approval for the use of Mobile Storage by the city of Lawrenceville on Oct. 5 for its Rock 'n Ribs Festival and Snellville First Baptist Church on Aug. 28.