.

Work to Start Soon on Oak Road Passive Park

The streetscaping project for the town center in Snellville also was approved by the city and council during Monday's special-called meeting.

The Snellville City Council and mayor unanimously approved all the items on the agenda Monday (Dec. 2) during a special-called meeting. 

The first item on the agenda was the $28,500 contract to start work on the future passive park on Oak Road, between Scenic Highway and Mountain View Road.

The contractor, KC Tree Service, would be clearing the land on the 4.5-acre lot for a trail for passive recreation and also removing small trees on 1.5 acres of land in the front for an open area, according to City Manager Butch Sanders. 

Sanders added that the work would start immediately in the next week or two, and depending on weather, the project would be completed in 30 days.

Another contract job also on the agenda was for the LCI Town Center project. The $1,528,395.65 contract includes streetscaping on Oak Road, Clower Street and Wisteria Drive. The contract also would include building sidewalks, benches and other pedestrian amenities, and redoing the stormwater system and placing all utilities underground, said Sanders. 

At the Nov. 11th city council meeting, Snellville approved the agreement with the Georgia Department of Transportation that the state will pay for 80 percent of the project, and the city would pay for the remaining 20 percent.

Since the mayor and council approved the contract between the city and contractor, now the item will go to the state DOT for the final OK. Sanders said he hopes the contractor, SD&C, can begin work the first of the year. 

Lastly, the council and mayor approved to authorize Mayor Kelly Kautz to sign a contract allowing the city of Grayson to have Snellville's mobile stage for Grayson's tree lighting this weekend. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something