Mellow Mushroom is an Atlanta-based pizza chain with locations throughout the city and in 15 states across the country. The location on Highway 78 or Main Street in Snellville at Abbington Road is funky and eclectic in decor and vibe and offers the same menu of hand-tossed pizzas, calzones, salads, appetizers and sandwiches for which Mellow Mushroom has become known.
Pizza lovers are spoiled for choices at this pizza joint, which features pies for meat lovers and vegetarians alike. The chain is also famous for its pretzels made from pizza dough. These popular appetisers come with marinara sauce for dipping and are the perfect complement to one of Mushroom's salads. Beer is offered by the pitcher and by the bottle and the restaurant boasts a large selection of domestic and imported beers.
This location is very involved with the Snellville community and sponsors high school football and other sports teams in the area. It was a supporter of the repeal of Sunday restaurant alcohol sales in Snellville and held a large event to celebrate when the law was repealed.
Mellow Mushroom hosts various events, such as weekly trivia on Wednesday nights. During the season, Sundays are dedicated to football, pizza and beer, with fans gathering around the numerous big-screen TVs to cheer on their favorite teams.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 9:30pm; Fri, 11am - 11pm; Sat, 11am - 10:30pm; Sun, noon - 9:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking spaces
- Founding Date: 1975
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Pizza pies and by the slice, variety of other entrees, salads, sandwiches, appetizers, beer, wine and sodas.
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.mellowmushroom.com/index.php#/menu
- Specialties: Specialty pizzas in a variety of toppings such as jerk chicken, Hawaiian and Veggie.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: Bar Food, Pizza, Sandwiches
- Signature dishes: Greek salad, Kosmic Karma pizza (sundried tomatoes, spinach,feta cheese, tomatoes and pesto), meatball hoagie.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Gourmet white pizza; garlic and Parmesan pretzels with marinara sauce; house calzones.
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night, Singles scene
- Dress code: Casual