Zoar United Methodist Church
Located on its namesake road, Zoar United Methodist Church was founded in 1811 and the building, which now serves as the sanctuary, was constructed in 1877. The name Zoar was taken from the bible, and was where Lot and his family found refuge. Zoar United Methodist Church strives to be a place of refuge and strength for the local community.
The church's motto is: learning, living and sharing God's love, and Senior Pastor Kelly Brisendine seeks to impart that creed in sermons and throughout the extensive activities and programs offered. The church provides a multitude of opportunities for congregant participation and interaction and fosters a community atmosphere wherein adults, children and teens have a wide range of activites in which to participate. Adults can be part of the choir or join baseball, softball or basketball teams, and a variety of fitness classes are also available. Bible study is offered for varied age ranges, interests and levels. Youth programs include sports, bible study, college/career counseling, before and after school care and Sunday school. There are also a variety of mission and community outreach programs in which congregation members can participate.
- Hours: Sun: Traditional Service, 8:30am Sun: Contemporary Service, 10pm Wed night dinner, 5:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Parking
- Founding Date: 1811
- What makes this community special?: Pre-school and before and after-school programs; many youth programs such as youth choir, senior and mid high school programs and adult programs such as scrapbooking
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Methodist
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes