Monday, April 22, 2013
The fire took place off Tanglewood Road at around 8 a.m. Monday.
A Snellville home has been deemed uninhabitable due to a fire that took place Monday. No one was injured, but one resident has been displaced and will be assisted by the Red Cross. According to Gwinnett County Fire spokesman Lt. Colin Rhoden, firefighters arrived at 4100 block of Tanglewood Road at 8 a.m. Flames were coming from the garage of the two-story home, and crews immediately entered the home to locate the fire. It was discovered that the upstairs floor had been compromised due to the flames and heat, so the firefighters had to battle the fire from outside. The fire became under control at 8:41 a.m. and crews successfully prevented the fire from spreading to neighboring homes. The fire consumed the garage and the room above it, …
Sunday, March 3, 2013
No one was injured in the Saturday evening fire that occurred off Commons View Circle near Rockdale Circle.
A family of eight have been displaced after a fire caused significant damage to their Snellville home Saturday night. No one was injured in the fire, according to a news release from Gwinnett County Fire spokesperson Lt. Colin Rhoden. The fire was reported around 8:08 p.m. on the 1800 block of Commons View Circle, near Rockdale Circle and Highway 78. Firefighters arrived and saw smoke showing from the left side of the one-story house in the basement. With no one inside the home, the firefighters knocked down the fire within 9 minutes. The basement received moderate to heavy fire damage, and the first floor had smoke damage throughout. The family of eight, two adults and six children, will use the services of the Red Cross after being …
Saturday, February 16, 2013
The fire, which was extinguished Friday afternoon, took place off Bridle Point Parkway near Lee Road. No injuries were reported.
Firefighters extinguished a house fire that took place off the 4600 block of Bridle Point Parkway near Lee Road in Snellville on Friday afternoon. No injuries were reported, and the home had been vacated by the last residents, according to a news release from Gwinnett County Fire spokesman Colin Rhoden. The second floor was heavily damaged, though, and the entire house received smoke damage. Firefighters responded to the scene at around 4:24 p.m. after a caller said flames were coming from the side of the house and roof. Firefighters found the second floor was so badly burned that it was falling through to the first floor, and smoke filled the entire home, says the release. The crew tackled the fire from the upstairs bedroom, and the fire …
Thursday, January 31, 2013
A resident was in his Gwinnett County home, just outside of Snellville, at the time of the home invasion. Police were also called when gunshots were reported.
- POLICE & FIRE
Thursday, January 31
UPDATE: 11:25 p.m. Channel 2 reported that the homeowner told neighbors that two men had stopped by and "asked for gas or something" before proceeding with a home invasion. The homeowner said he had fought them off with a firearm, but they had set the home alight. He was reported to have been traumatised and "roughed up" when neighbors saw him. UPDATE FROM GCFES AT 4:15 This is an active crime scene and fire investigators are on the scene. Fire cause determination activities are underway and information about the gunfire is being collected. Investigators have not released a description of the suspect but are attempting to locate the responsible party (home invader). Firefighters were called to the 4200 block of Peace Rose Place, Loganville…
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Two adults and two children escape house fire uninjured.
- POLICE & FIRE
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Fire officials suspect a portable heater ignited a blaze Tuesday evening that displaced two adults and two children from their Snellville home. The family members escaped the home, located in the 3400 block of Centerville Lane, uninjured, according to a report of Capt. Tommy Rutledge. Fire official responded to the fire about 5:26 p.m., and had it under control by 5:39 p.m., the report stated. When crews arrived they found smoke coming from the attic of the single-story home, according to the report. Firefighters contained the fire to a bedroom, but smoke and heat affected other parts of home, as well. Rutledge said in this report that the fire "appears accidental and was caused by a portable heater that was placed to close to a bed." A…